Saturday, September 23, 2006

O Fortuna!

I got tattooed today. This was part of my payment for the viking piece i posted earlier. It's a Aubrey Beardsley rendition of Merlin the Wild. Excellent work by Tim Loose at Alien Arts Tattoo, he captured the detailed lines perfectly considering the size and the fact that it was being drilled into my flesh with a machine. It is on my calf, I wish it was somewhere I could see more easily now, har har har! NO turning back. There is something about the pain of being tattooed, it feels so damn good afterwards. I feel like I release so much pain during the process, it is quite therapeutic and I will continue the practice for as long as I have uncolored skin on my body and as long as women cause me pain.
The tatt is very fresh in this pic and covered in scab forming plasma and Neosporin, maybe i'll show it again when its all healed up. Also, check out some of Beardsley's other illustrations at Art Passions and make sure to click on the 'naughty Beardsley' link you may or may not regret it.

No comments: